Friday, April 26, 2013

Visit to Yucatan Pt. 2

Gavan and Lorena's daughter Alexandra attends traditional dance classes in a hall near their house and the students were generous enough to allow us to take photos during the class although I think I distracted her when I took this.


The climate in the area is excellent for growing many varieties of vegetables and flowers and these are just a few of Gavan's hibiscus with fruit trees in the background. All are grown in pots as the natural soil is too sandy to support most plants.


The beachfront home lends itself to relaxing and many a restful hour was spent doing exactly that.


Father and elder son (Albert and Adrian) ventured regularly into the surf,


While younger son (Cameron) was content with the adjacent pool.


In the next session we will cover our visit to the Yucatan's capital, Merida.

Cheers Ross and Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment